Job Title: Advertising Account Manager
Reports To: Director of Client Services
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
FSLA Status: Exempt
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Write, revise and track project goals, budgets, and deadlines
- Write and distribute press releases and/or coordinate with copywriter
- Write social media posts, ad copy and calendars, and/or coordinate with copywriter
- Write, produce, and launch effective advertising and PR campaigns.
- Draft measurable marketing goals and KPIs to develop multi-media communication plans to achieve stated goals.
- Manage production and creative (copywriting and graphic design) deadlines, coordinate media and traffic placements to ensure continued progress of client workflow
- Translate approved media plans into trackable deadlines within the project
- Edit, proof and fact-check all work.
- Track progress, prepare reports and promote new campaigns for client meetings
- Maintain detailed understanding of all client work in progress
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with changing priorities
- Attention to detail and ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively within a team environment, as well as with individuals and the public
- Ability to read, proofread and interpret documents for content. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively in groups or one-on-one
- University degree in a related field, i.e. marketing, business administration or journalism. Related work experience may be substituted for formal education
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook, as well as database/project management programs. Must develop proficiency with agency’s project-management software
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Familiarity with digital and social media advertising
- Possess a strong working knowledge of the printing process as well as television and radio production
- Maintain familiarity and knowledge of client’s business and industry as well as previous client work, including competitor advertising, to develop relevant marketing, advertising and public relations strategies.
The employee is frequently required to sit at a work station for several hours at a time. Must be able to lift thirty (30) lbs.
- Transportation – Own vehicle is required for work with valid Alaska Driver’s License and proof of current insurance.
- Signed Confidentiality and Non-Competition Agreement is required.
- Professional Work Attire – Casual business attire required
MSI Communications is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We support diversity in the workforce. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for disabled individuals.